First Wedding Dance LessonsStart creating your story here
Considering your first wedding dance and don’t know where to start?
Afraid of looking awkward on your first wedding dance on your wedding day?
Think that you or your partner have 2 left feet?
Here at Adelaide Wedding Dance we can help.
Let us show you with your first wedding dance, how:
- With the right methods – your 2 left feet can be fixed within the 1st lesson (For details – visit Free Wedding Dance Lesson)
- Easy to follow instructions and teaching tools, you and your partner will progress fast in a fun friendly atmosphere.
- Have a first wedding dance routine that is tailored to you – from simple to extravagant!
- Your wedding dance lessons can be fun with lots of laughs. It will be a “dancing date night” for you and your partner. Forget about the stress of all your wedding plans!
Imagine on your wedding day, you will have a first wedding dance that will have your flair & personality, with lots of confidence, laughs & joy. Your guest will be impressed & you will have captured memories for years to come. The time and effort will be all worth it!!
What to know about your first wedding dance
The type of first wedding dance you do is entirely up to you. It can be traditional, modern, upbeat or a medley of your choice
Over our 8 years of teaching wedding dances, we find that these are the categories that couples have opt for:
This normally falls under the category of a Bridal Waltz or a Romantic Rumba. Have a unique choreographed routine that flows nicely from one to the other, with added highlights such as turns & dips
2) Modern & Upbeat
This normally includes songs such as Cha Cha, Swing, Salsa. This adds a lot of fun and brighten up the atmosphere of the night. We do recommend couples that with these types of wedding dances ideally give yourself plenty of time for lessons. This ensures you remember the routine well to add in “natural” body movements and flair.
Have the best of both worlds. This seems to be a growing popular option for wedding couples. Start off traditional with your favourite Bridal Waltz or Romantic Rumba, then break out to a more modern, upbeat song of your choice. Our breaking medley record is a 7 medley song choreography . For medley, we recommend consider our 25 to 40 lesson wedding dance package. Give yourself ample opportunity to “pull-off” a memorable first wedding dance routine with confidence and style.
First Wedding Dance Tips
- Give yourself ample of time. Don’t add to your wedding plan stress. Make it a fun activity that you can use to have quality time together, We recommend packages starting from 15 lessons. We find that this is the minimum average time required from learning a choreography, to adding in your natural grooves and movements. We recommend couples to come in at least 3 months before their wedding. Ideal time to start is 6 to 12 months before your wedding. We have had very organised couples who have come in 2 years before their wedding day. This totally took the stress out of their wedding plans and made it a very enjoyable process. Check out our Adelaide Wedding Dance Lesson Packages for more details
- Practise for 1 minute a day, while smiling showing teeth 🙂 Perhaps while you are walking to the letter box or brushing your teeth. 1 minute practise a day, each day is better than none at all or leave it to 10 minutes before your next scheduled lesson 😉 This is an effective way to develop good habit and convert short term to long-term muscle memory!!
- Consider bustling up your wedding dress. We will find out during your free private dance lesson what type of dress you have. Ideally we recommend speaking to your dressmaker and organise the dress to be bustled up. Some couples even consider changing to a different dress, depending on the type of wedding dance and the dance moves involved.
- We recommend ideally for your first wedding dance routine to keep it to approximately 1:30 (to maximum 2 min ). Keep it short and sweet. More time for you to perfect your dance moves and keep your guest entertained for their ideal attentive time.
The next step….?
Come and experience first hand yourself what to expect in order to make an informed decision. Don’t leave it to the last minute and add unnecessary stress! Contact us to book in for your first free wedding dance lesson today!
Other Adelaide Wedding Dance services
Check out our other wedding dance services. Make it an enjoyable and memorable experience for your loved ones – Involve your father, mother, bridal party and friends.